Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. Ofsted regulate and inspect schools and colleges to seek improvement in the service. They carry out large number of inspections and regulatory visits in England and publish their finding on their website. You can view or download the Letter from the Minister of State for Schools and Margaret Whellans Head of Education Durham County Council regarding our last inspection. Here you will also find a further letter from DCC Head of Education congratulating us on our success in improving attainment for children in receipt of Pupil Premium funding.
View the Nettlesworth Primary School latest Osted report.
Following our inspection, in 2014, we were graded as “Good” with outstanding behaviour and safety.
In our recent inspection, in 2018, we continue to be a “Good” school.
View our Osfted letter: Letter regarding Ofsted Inspection 2014
Department for Education
Many Parents are keen to see how we are performing in relation to other schools.
The Department for Education (Dfe) Performance Tables provide a reliable and accessible source of comparative information on pupil attainment and progress, absence, workforce and finance. The Performance Tables include percentages of achievement to Level 4 and Level 5 or above in reading, writing and maths and the percentage of expected progress in each subject. . You can find the School Performance Tables from the DfE by clicking the link below or alternatively you can view or download the Performance Tables for 2013 in PDF format.
View the Nettlesworth Primary School Performance Tables.
Nettlesworth Primary School 2017 Results
89% pass rate for Nettlesworth Primary School.
Key Stage 1 SAT tests:
- 81.8% of children reached Age Related Expectations for Reading
- 18% of children reached Greater Depth for Reading
- 81.8% of children reached Age Related Expectations for Writing
- 9% of children reached Greater Depth for Writing
- 87% of children reached Age Related Expectations for Mathematics
- 18 % of children reached Greater Depth for Mathematics
Key Stage 2 SAT Tests:
- 87.5 % of children reached Age Related Expectations for Reading
- 50% of children exceeded Age Related Expectations for Reading
- 81.25% of children reached Age Related Expectations for Writing
- 25% of children exceeded Age Related Expectations for Writing
- 87.5% of children reached Age Related Expectations for Grammar, Punctuation & Spelling
- 18.75% of children exceeded Age Related Expectations for Grammar, Punctuation & Spelling
- 75% of children reached Age Related Expectations for Mathematics
- 18.75% of children exceeded Age Related Expectations for Mathematics
Average Scaled Score
A pupil’s scaled score is based on their raw test score. The raw score is the total number of marks a pupil scores in a test, based on the number of questions they answered correctly.
The expected standard in the tests is a scaled score of 100 or above.
Reading – 108.4
SPAG – 107.4
Mathematics – 103.7
These scores indicated how much progress pupils at Nettlesworth Primary have made in reading, writing and mathematics between the end of Key Stage 1 and the end of Key Stage 2, compared to pupils across England who got similar results at the end of Key Stage 1.
Reading Value Added Score +5.4
Writing Value Added Score +2.16
Mathematics Value Added Score +0.55
You can view or download our KS1 and KS2 results as well as viewing our KS2 percentage results by clicking the links below:
Nettlesworth Primary School offer childcare provision. Full details of the provision provided can be found in our Childcare Provision section of our website.
Check School Performance Tables
You can use performance tables (sometimes known as league tables) to compare schools and colleges in your area. You can check:
- exam and test results
- financial information
- Ofsted reports
You can only see statistics for schools and colleges in England.