We are immensely proud to be a UNICEF Rights Respecting School level 2.
UNCRC Article 12 – Children have the right to say what they think should happen when adults are making decisions that affect them, and to have their opinions taken in to account.
Our 2017-18 Rights Respecting Council members
As a Rights Respecting school we are an organisation which promotes equality and the UNCRC articles giving children in our care a high level of pupil voice and participation as well as striving to educate them to become all round Global citizens.
A large part of this work is the creation of Charters – agreements between the children and adults in school about what actions both groups will take to help promote the UNCRC articles.
Groups of children in a class will choose an article that they feel is important to them and think about what actions they as children can take to help themselves and others globally to make that article work.
Adults in school will think about what actions they can take to do the same. Together, class, whole school and playground charters are created which helps to make our school a thoughtful, reflective place to learn, work and play.
Our School Charter is an agreement between children and adults in our school. They are shared values and principles based on the CRC. The children chose five UNCRC articles which they felt was important to us. We then have agreed actions between all of the children and adults to ensure the rights can be realised and enjoyed by everyone.
One of the articles that was important to us was: UNCRC Aricle 23
A child with a disablity has the right to live a full and decent life with dignity and independence and to play an active part in the community. Governments must do all they can to provide support to disabled children
The children agreed that they would make sure all children in our school join in activities and children with a disability are treat equally. Adults agreed that they support and help all children, raise awareness, teach every child individually and adapt building/resources etc if ever needed.
Please view our Pupil Improvement Plans
- Pupil Improvement Plan Yellow Team Article 12 2017-2018
- Pupil Improvement Plan Red Team Article 12 2017-2018
- Pupil Improvement Plan Blue Team Article 12 2017-2018
- Pupil Improvement Plan Green team Article 12 2017-2018
- Pupil Improvement Plan Blue Team-Article 12 2016/17
- Pupil Improvement Plan Green Team-Article 12 2016/17
- Pupil Improvement Plan Yellow Team-Article 12 2016/17
- Pupil Improvement Plan Red Team-Article 12 2016/17
- Pupil Improvement Plan Green Team – Article 12 2014-2015
- Pupil Improvement Plan Red Team – Article 12 2014-2015
- Pupil Improvement Plan Yellow Team – Article 12 2014-2015
- Pupil Improvement Plan Blue Team – Article 12 2014-2015
Rights Respecting Council Newsletter/Website
Our Rights Respecting Council children add their own blog on our website and school newsletter. Have a look to see what they have been up to and what is happening in the future on our parents section of the website.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.