At Nettlesworth Primary School we are committed to equality. We aim for every pupil to fulfil their potential no matter what their needs. Our School is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families.
We aim to:
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued.
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and disabled people.
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- Make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of the school.
What can we offer you at Nettlesworth Primary?
This is probably the first question that springs to mind when parents are looking for a school placement for their child. Set out below is our account of what we do and what we can offer the individuals in our care.
Nettlesworth Primary strives to be a totally inclusive school and as such we include and cater for children who have a wide variety of learning needs. Every child in our school is viewed as having a skill, or talent which we try to nurture and develop.
At Nettlesworth we embrace the fact that every child is different and, therefore, the educational needs of every child are different – this is certainly the case for children with Special Educational Needs.
Equality of opportunity is central to the work of our school and we are very successful in removing any barriers to learning so that there are no differences in the achievement of different groups of pupils in the school.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.