23rd February 2021
Re: Full School Opening on Monday March 8th 2021.
The staff and I at Nettlesworth Primary School are delighted to be planning for a return for all our children on Monday March 8th. We are sure things will return the same as when we re-opened in September with staggered starts and children staying in bubbles etc. We are waiting for further updates and I will be in touch with you as soon as possible to remind you of the arrangements we had in place in the Autumn Term.
This article reflects the latest government guidance as of 5pm on 22 February. The latest update is about schools reopening to all pupils from 8 March.
Schools to reopen to all pupils from 8 March
- All pupils will be allowed to return to face-to-face education
- Before and after-school educational activities and wraparound childcare should resume where this provision is needed to support parents to work, attend education, seek medical care or attend a support group. Vulnerable children can attend this provision in all circumstances
- In primary schools:
- Staff will continue to take 2 rapid COVID-19 tests each week at home
- There are currently no plans to test pupils when they return to school
- In secondary schools:
- Staff will be provided with 2 rapid COVID-19 tests to use each week at home
- Pupils will need to take 3 tests as they return to school from 8 March, at existing school testing facilities. You’ll have discretion on how to stagger pupils’ return over that first week to enable them to be tested, but you should prioritise vulnerable children, children of critical workers and year groups 10 to 13
- After the initial programme of 3 tests, pupils will get 2 rapid tests to use each week at home
Thank you again for your continued support.