Mr Graham and the staff organised us an exciting afternoon of activities to get our mathematician heads into. It was lots of fun and all of the school shared the afternoon with a different class teacher. We had so much fun taking part in a whole school Maths Day. Mr Beveridge even joined in the fun and helped deliver Active Maths with Mrs Morton and Miss Milburn.
- Mrs Morton worked with the wonderful Class 5 and WOW! It was wonderful to see the progress the children had made in their maths learning journeys (a one close to her heart as her first class of EYFS children…..now in Year 6!) We used lots of variation when working on individual mental arithmetic calculations before heading into the hall for a carousel of Active Maths activities – we certainly put the children through their paces.
- Mrs Aspinall visited Class 4 and was super impressed with the knowledge of the children….so impressed that Mrs Aspinall put her feet up and let the children do the teaching! Well done Class 4!
- Miss Grimes worked alongside Class 2. They had lots of fun solving tricky addition and subtraction problems, Miss Grimes was blown away! After this, they enjoyed joining in maths games and puzzles to put their knowledge of maths to the test.
- Miss Milburn and Mr Beveridge taught Class 3, who had so much with an active maths session! The children added their scores playing skittles, knocking down dominoes, bean bag hoop throwing and a hoop throwing number game! Everyone enjoyed adding up their scores to see who the winners were!
- Mr Graham worked with the youngest children in the school. They used concrete objects to solve different numerical patterns…. their favourite being the addition with haribos!